Critical Reflection

Module Learning

At the start of the module, I set 3 goals for myself which are, the ability to speak and present confidently in front of people, improve my grammar and writing skills and being able to write an email professionally without making grammar errors. Over the course of 13 weeks, I feel that I have achieved 2 out of the 3 goals. The first goal that I have achieved is improving my grammar and writing skills. By learning about grammar items, this allowed my reports to have better flow and consistency. In university, reports are very common and picking this skill up will greatly benefit me in my future reports. The second goal that I have achieved is being able to write an email professionally without making grammar errors. In this trimester, I had to email some of my professors for help regarding my other modules and when professor Brad showed the class an example of a bad email, I told myself that I do not want to be that person. The last goal which I think I have yet to achieve is the ability to speak and present confidently in front of people. In the tech report presentation, I spoke too fast and as a result that might have resulted my grade for that assignment. However, it is noted that I was able to speak loudly and confidently so that is part of the goal that I have achieved. Moving forward, I hope to be able to further improve myself with the knowledge and skills that I gained from the module.

Project Learning

In the project, I was given the opportunity of apply what I have learned from the module, be it writing a good technical report or giving a good presentation. While doing the project, I also learned about the importance of teamwork. There was no way to complete the report individually, the work had to be split up and everyone has a part to play. While working as a team, everyone had their personal opinions and different kind of perspective of the ideas. Splitting up the task was not easy as we did not know each other well and everyone was kind of lost as to what we want to do. Over the meetings, we were able to sort out of our differences and work togethers as one team. One problem that I noticed about myself was that I was very narrow-minded in the team. I was unwilling to accept my team's idea and went against them. However, I realized that instead of being narrow-minded, listening and accepting everyone's ideas was able to help improve our report. Working with everyone helps ensure that we are able to meet deadlines and tasks on hand. In the future, I hope to be able to work well with everyone.

Overall, it was a enjoyable and memorable module. I am confident that the critical thinking and communication skills will greatly benefit me in the future. I would like to thank Professor Brad for conducting the class in a fun and conductive manner.

Comments

Popular Posts